Imlitir 17 6th January, 2020.
Welcome Back – 2020
Happy New Year to everyone in the Rathfeigh school community – children, teachers, parents, guardians, coaches, Helen and Jackie. We hope everyone has an enjoyable 2020 in our school. We constantly strive to ensure that all children reach their potential in Rathfeigh. If you are unhappy with any aspect of your child’s academic or social development please make an appointment with the class teacher.
Regular attendance has a positive impact on teaching and learning. Our ‘Statement of Strategy for School Attendance’ is on the school website. Parents/guardians should be aware of its content. Some of the main aspects of the policy are:
– School attendance is recorded daily at 10.00a.m. on the Aladdin computer system.
– When a child is absent the parent/guardian must inform the class teacher by means of an Absence Note and explain the reason for the absence. The Absence Notes can be found at the back of the school journal and on the school website.
– A letter will be sent to parents/guardians at the end of the school year to inform them of the school’s obligation to report to TUSLA if their child has missed 20 days or more.
– We expect all children to be in the school hall before 9.00a.m. Children arriving to school late is disruptive for all pupils
– School attendance figures for this school year are: August 98% September 97% October 97%
Enrolment Week is from February 3rd to February 7th. If your child is starting school in September 2020 please call to the office and collect an Enrolment Form from Helen. If you know any parents/guardians who have children starting school in September please let them know about our Enrolment Week. They are welcome to visit the school at any time and I will talk to them about school life in Rathfeigh (activities, facilities etc). We look forward to hearing from them.
Parent/Guardians /Teacher Meetings
Most parents/guardians attended parent/guardians/teacher meetings in November. If you haven’t had a meeting, please contact the class teacher this week to arrange a meeting.
Mrs Campbell is co-ordinating our Green School initiatives again this year. We hope to obtain a Green Flag this year and we will keep everyone informed of initiatives throughout the year.
Ms. Ward is co-ordinating our “Amber Flag” Mental Health Awareness Programme. This Pieta House initiative aims to create a healthy and inclusive school that supports mental well-being. To be awarded the Pieta House Amber Flag our school will host a mental health awareness event, a fundraiser or a mental health initiative . We hope our pupils will benefit greatly from this initiative and hopefully the Amber Flag will be flying proudly outside the school before the end of the school year.
Computer classes with Colm are starting up again in a few weeks. The cost is €5.00 per child for four lessons. Please send in the money in an envelope as soon as possible.
February 20th and 21st. (Mid-Term Break)