Nut Allergy Letter

27th January, 2015.

Dear Parents/Guardians,

This letter is to inform you that a pupil in the school has a severe, life-threatening allergy to all nuts. This allergic reaction (Anaphylactic Shock) can occur through ingestion of peanut/nut products, cross contamination and breathing nuts in the air.

Any exposure to nuts may cause a life-threatening allergic reaction that requires emergency medical treatment. We are asking for your help in minimising the risk to this child by: a) Avoiding giving children any nuts in school lunches.

b) Avoiding giving peanut butter sandwiches, other spreads containing nuts such as

Nutella and snacks/bars containing nuts or labelled “may contain nut traces” in the


c) Asking children not to share their lunches.

d) Washing your child’s hands and face thoroughly before coming to school.

Due to the severity of the problem, it is important that all parents carry out the suggested measures and reduce the risk of allergic reaction to this child.

We thank you for your co-operation. Please complete and return this form so we are certain you have received this information.

Is mise,

Fr. Thomas O’Mahony. Seamus Tansley.

Chairperson Board of Management. Principal.