Imlitir 26 9th March, 2020.
- All children should wash their hands regularly with soap and water at home and at school. (at least 20 seconds) or use hand sanitiser gel.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze.
- Put used tissues in the bin straight away and wash your hands afterwards.
- Avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
- Try to avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
- If you have recently travelled to countries with a higher risk of the Coronavirus than Ireland you should seek advice from the HSE.
- Any child with flu-like symptoms should avoid the risk of spreading their infection by staying at home and recovering.
- The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade is advising against all “non essential travel to Northern Italy”
- Parents/guardians visiting the school must use the hand sanitiser gel at reception.
Boys’ 7-a-side Blitz
Our boys are participating in the Cumann ma mBunscol 7-a-side Blitz this Wednesday in Skryne at 2.00p.m. We will be leaving the school at 1.45p.m. They will be playing four games. As a result it is difficult to determine a finishing time. (3.30p.m. approximately) Please arrange a lift for your child if you can’t be in attendance yourself. Children must use their own water bottle.
Girls 7-a-side Blitz
Our girls are playing this Thursday in Dunboyne at 12 noon. We are leaving the school at 11.15a.m. They will be finished in Dunboyne at 1.30p.m. approximately. Please arrange a lift for your child if you can’t be in attendance yourself. Children must use their own water bottle.
St. Patrick’s Day
Friday is a non-uniform day. We hope the children will wear green, white and orange to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day. Although we aren’t having a céilí we will still have children doing individual Irish dances, tin whistle and accordion performances as well as singing. Please practice singing ‘Amhrán na Bhfiann’ and ‘Ireland’s Call’ with your children at home. The school will close on Friday at 1.40p.m. for all pupils. There is no school bus on Friday afternoon.
Fifth and Sixth class will be visiting Kilmainham Jail on March 19th. This is a fantastic opportunity to visit one of Ireland’s most historical sites. The cost of the bus is €10.00. Please send in money in an envelope as soon as possible.
The school is closed on Monday 16th March and Tuesday 17th March.
We have some items in our Lost Property box e.g. coats, hats, gloves. If your child is missing any of the above please come into the school and check if it’s here. We will be disposing of all items at the end of the week.
Swimming and Bus Money
If you haven’t already paid €35.00 (4th, 5th and 6th) for swimming and €10.00 (6th class) for the bus to Badminton last week please send in money in an envelope this week.